Monday, April 19, 2010

The first reviews roll in...

Hi everyone,

Well, the first reviews of the new album are in and we're liking the tone! First up we have a great blog out of Florida, U.S.A. called Absolute Powerpop. Here's what they had to say;

"Lotta Lies" takes their sound into indie pop territory, as the double-tracked harmonies recall The Pernice Brothers; "Don't Leave, Don't Go" is a bright, upbeat pop number with a touch of melancholy, and "The Big Bay" has a Posies-like sweep. "Nature of Your Game" is straight-up Americana, in the manner of Joe Pernice's solo masterpiece "Bum Leg", and "I Was There" brings us full circle to Teenage Fanclub's more pensive moments. Wonderfully melodic, there's nothing in "decline" about Elvyn's sound and they've got a definite top 10 of '10 contender on their hands." - Read the rest of the review.

And to follow that here's what the One Chord To Another music blog all the way from Finland(!!!!) thought;

"It’s 3 am here in Finland and I’ve been trying to go to bed for an hour now. But I’m finding it hard to stop listening to Elvyn. It’s a Canadian pop group that I found tonight. They have a new album out and you can listen to it on their website... I was just so excited about them that I had to get this out of my chest and make a quick entry. This is simply fantastic music and I’m already in love with Elvyn." - Read the rest of the review.

High praise indeed! Thanks a lot to our new American and Finnish friends, and we'll keep you updated as news comes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment